Dr Georgios Zontos has been working as the medical director of Haarklinikken in Denmark for over 10 years. He graduated with a degree in Physics, Medicine and Medical Physics namely, BSc, MD and MSc while he holds a PhD degree in Medicine . He worked as a general surgeon at the second surgical clinic of the 401 General Military Hospital of Athens from 08-09-2005 until 07-08-2007.
He is also a Diplomate of the American Board Of Hair Restoration Surgery .Recently ,Dr Zontos was elevated to Fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery .He is the only Doctor in Greece and Denmark who has been given this important recognition
Dr. Zontos is an internationally prominent surgeon in the field of hair restoration surgery, and a published author of medical publications. Dr Zontos as a researcher for the University of Patras School of Medicine, coordinated a hair transplantation project from 2010 to 2016.Dr. Zontos was a member of a scientific group that developed a device referred to as Follysis which is a specifically designed software system, programmed exclusively to access the very best in hair restoration, patient treatment planning and follow up.
Dr Zontos practices exclusively in the area of Follicular Unit Extraction ("FUE"), which is a minimally invasive hair transplant technique. He is an expert in this field and is a regular speaker at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.Dr. Zontos is also registered with the Sundhedsstryrelsen, or the National Board of Health, the supreme professional health care authority in Denmark. The Sundhedsstryrelse, which considers Dr Zontos to be in "good standing", has granted him the right to practice medicine and the permission to practice independently as a physician under licence number 06D8L. Since 19 May 2008, Dr Zontos has been registered to practice hair transplantation, including pre-assessing the patient before hair transplantation in Denmark under registration number 7-703-23-115/1/ANM. In addition he is qualified for independent practice in Greece and the UK.
He has performed hair transplant procedures on approximately 5000 patients in Denmark, Greece, Germany, France, Cyprus, UK, Israel and South Africa with great success. As medical director of Haarklinikken, he has established a practice dedicated exclusively to providing the very best in medical and surgical treatments for hair loss. Actively participating at the forefront of research, Dr. Zontos has advanced the follicular unit extraction technique so that shaving is not necessary. For simplicity reasons this modification of the technique is called by him Long Hair FUE. This method dramatically improves on traditional FUE by avoiding any shaving to the donor area.
Dr. Zontos also developed a technique of minimizing the skin injury to the donor area while improving the quality of the extracted follicular units. This method increases the survival rate and results in a high density ,natural, undetectable fashion. This method was recently published at the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. Dr. Zontos' focus on state-of-the-art medical and surgical techniques and dedication to patient advocacy has firmly established him as a leader in the field of hair restoration.
Protocol Examiner of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
Ph.D in medicine by University of Patras
Master's graduates of Medical Physics by University of Patras
Graduate of Medicine by University of Patras
Graduate of physics by University of Patras
ATLS Course for Doctors by the ACS Commitee on Trauma
ALS Provider by the European Resuscitation Council
ISHRS Member Certification
CME 25th Annual
26th ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting
25th ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting
24th ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting
23th ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting
22th ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting
21th ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting
20th ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting
19th ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting
18th ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Georgios Zontos :Methods of mathematical modeling in FUE hair transplantation technique ,and how it can be optimized by using image processing .M.Sc. thesis ,University of Patras
School of Medicine 2013 See publication
- G. Zontos, P. Rose, G. Nikiforidis: A mathematical proof of how the outgrowth angle of the hair follicles influences the injury to the donor area in FUE harvesting.
Dermatologic Surgery, October 2014 Volume 40 ,Issue 10 See publication
- Zontos G.: The physics of follicular unit extraction :
Lam S., Williams K. Hair transplant 360, 2015, p.45 See publication
- Georgios Zontos :What are the keys to minimizing evidence of extraction in the donor area in FUE .
FUE round table questions and answers, Forum 2016(20(4) :(138-148)) See publication
- Georgios Zontos :Design and implementation of image processing system and mathematical algorithms in order to optimize the FUE hair transplantation technique, PhD Thesis.
University of PATRAS-School of Medicine .Greece 2016 See publication
- G.Zontos, K.Williams ,G.Nikiforidis :Minimizing injury to the donor area in FUE harvesting .
The Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology .March 2017 Volume 16 issue 1 p.61-69 See publication
- P.Rose ,G.Zontos :Examination of exit angle of hair at the skin surface versus the internal angle of Hair as it relates to the FUE/FIT harvesting method .
FORUM INTERNATIONAL Jan -Feb 2017 See publication Part 1See publication Part 2
- G.Zontos :Mathematical hair growth model ,International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 18th Annual Meeting BOSTON 2010
- G.Zontos :Mathematical approach of lateral and sagittal incisions , International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery 19th Annual Meeting ANCORAGE 2011
- G.Zontos:Hair restoration for congenital etiology baldness in occipital region of the head for a 15 year old male patient using FUE ,International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 19th Annual Meeting ANCORAGE 2011
- G.Zontos :.Scar repair for a 15 year old male patient using FUE.International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 20th Annual Meeting Bahamas 2012
- G. Zontos, G. Nikiforidis: How the outgrowth of the hair follicles influences the injury on the donor area in FUE. A mathematical approach to the problem, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 20th Annual Meeting Bahamas 2012.
- G. Zontos, G. Nikiforidis: How Image Processing in FUE harvesting can be used in calculating the reduction of skin trauma by injecting normal saline, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 21st Annual Meeting, 2013, San Francisco.
- G. Zontos, P. Theoharakis, G. Nikiforidis: A Novel Integrated Database System for Follicular Units Transplant, Based on Micro-Photos Image Analysis and Statistical Inference, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 22nd Annual Meeting, 2014, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia.
- G. Zontos, G. Nikiforidis: A scientific description of transection rate in FUE: reasons and solutions, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Annual Meeting, 23rd Annual Meeting, 2015, Chicago.
- G.Zontos:FUE hair transplantation technique: Annual scientific meeting of Danish association of Plastic Surgery .Middlefart-Denmark 2015
- G.Zontos :A comparison study of transection rate and wound surface size cause by a manual and motorized sharp punch in FUE . 24th ISHRS World Congress .Las Vegas 2016.
- G.Zontos:An Application of a Computer Aided Diagnosis (Cad) and Treatment Planning System in FUE Harvesting Procedure. Design, Review and Practical Evaluation. 24th ISHRS World Congress .Las Vegas 2016.
- G.Zontos :The potential regeneration of transected hair follicles in the donor area using FUE.25th ISHRS World Congress, Prague 2017
- Moderator at the session; New innovations .23rd ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting .Chicago 2015
- Faculty member at: PRINCIPLES OF FUE/FIT Workshop 101 18th ISHRS Annual Meeting BOSTON 2010
- Faculty member at: FUE hands- on Course: Manual -non powered FUE techniques and Instrumentations .23rd ISHRS annual scientific meeting .Chicago 2015.
- Faculty member at: Basic FUE Workshop .24TH ISHRS World Congress .Las Vegas 2016
Membership & Fellowship
- Member of ISHRS CME Committee 2016
- Member of World Congress Scientific Committee 2016 .
- Member of ISHRS Membership Committee.2017
- Man of the year: DHI medical group - 2005
- Hair surgeon of the year: DHI medical group - 2004
- Felloship of holy see of Ilias 1989-1990